This year, I have decided to set goals for myself. The last couple years have been difficult, to say the least. I have learned a lot. I have grown. I have reached a point of greater stability than I have felt in quite some time. I have decided that 2012 is going to be a year of positive change and getting things done. I feel like I can finally worry less and focus on self improvement.
Instead of new years resolutions, I have decided that I will make goals for the new year. You might think that “goals” are not as strong as “resolutions”, but with how long most people stick with their resolutions, I decided to separate myself from the pack.
Goals for 2012
- Identify food sensitivities
- Dance more (in addition to 2 weekly social dances, add in practice time at least once every other week)
- Take a yoga class, create a regular routine
- Be more conscious about the foods I eat
- Eat 1 superfood with at least 2 meals each day
- Learn some Swedish before Herräng (take at least 1 class)
- Read at least 12 books (3 need to be in Spanish)
- Read the news at least once a week
- Apply to the Cultural Ambassadors program in Spain (also create a Plan B and C)
A less measurable goal I would like to adhere to this year is to be true to myself. I am a peace keeper and a people pleaser by nature. With these qualities, I tend to put myself in situations that make me unhappy. I tend to say I’m ok with things that I later realize are not ok. I will go with what someone else wants to do because it’s easier to just go with the flow. This year, I am going to speak up regarding what I think. I will speak up for what I want and need. I will not passively put up with situations I have the power to change. This year I will be true to me.